1987 – already five years before the final completion of the Main-Danube Canal, the newly constructed bayernhafen Roth, located around 20 kilometres to the South of Nuremberg, was integrated into bayernhafen Nürnberg as the second modern operating component.
bayernhafen Roth has a 250-metre-long vertical bank wall and a high-performance full gantry seesaw slewing crane. The port area directly borders with the commercial area of the city of Roth. On a surface of 5.8 hectares, principally companies from the sectors of recycling and construction materials are established, which profit from the bimodal (water – road) infrastructure. Additionally, in Roth it is also possible to handle heavy and heaviest goods (up to 190 tons) by mobile crane.
Handling facilities bayernhafen Roth:
- Full gantry seesaw slewing crane loading capacity 8/16 tons -
Energy supply bayernhafen Roth:
- Switch and transformer stations - 2 items
- Low voltage network (230/400 V) - 380 m
- Command and signal cable - 380 m
- Trailing cables of the crane facilities - 250 m
- Water supply Roth port from the public network
- Separate or mixed drainage Roth port